Global Migration Conference
*Please RSVP to each session separately.
Thursday, February 13th
4:00 - 5:30pm Violence and Conflict Panel Click here to RSVP for panel.
Moderator and panelist: Amy Heath-Carpentier, PhD – Lecturer, International & Area Studies; Assistant Director, Career Center, Washington University in St. Louis
Jillian J. Foster, MA – Founder, Global Insight; PI, Independent Commission for Aid Impact (ICAI); and PhD student in Political Science, Yale University
Ariel Ruiz Soto, MA – Associate Policy Analyst, Migration Policy Institute (MPI)
Kim Thuy Seelinger, JD – Washington University in St. Louis – Founding Director, Center for Human Rights, Gender and Migration; Research Associate Professor, Brown School; Visiting Professor of Law, School of Law
5:30 – 6:00pm Reception Click here to RSVP for reception and keynote.
6:00 – 7:30pm Keynote Address
- Craig Spencer, MD MPH – Board Member, Doctors Without Borders (MSF); Director of Global Health in Emergency Medicine and Assistant Professor of Medicine and Population and Family Health, Columbia University Medical Center
Friday, February 14th
10:00-11:30am Climate Change Panel Click here to RSVP for panel.
Moderator: Mattie Gottbrath – Coordinator for International Programming, Washington University in St. Louis
- Janice Cantieri, MA – Environmental Journalist, Fulbright-National Geographic Storytelling Fellow
- Rupa Patel, MD, MPH, DTM&H – Director, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV (PrEP) Program at Washington University School of Medicine; Senior Health Advisor, Friends in Village Development Bangladesh (FIVDB)
- Kayly Ober, MA, PhD student– Senior Advocate and Program Manager of The Climate Displacement Program, Refugees International
11:45-12:45pm Art Exhibit, Tabling from Organizations, Presentations of Research and Practice (Lunch Provided) Click here to RSVP.
Featuring Lens on the Border, Photo exhibit by the Sierra Club’s Borderlands team
1:00-2:30pm Self-Reliance and Social Mores Panel Click here to RSVP.
- Diego Abente, EMBA – CEO, Casa de Salud
- Kellie Leeson, MA – Initiative Lead for the Refugee Self-Reliance Initiative, RefugePoint and the Women’s Refugee Commission
- Ben Cislaghi, PhD – Associate Professor, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Thank you to all our collaborators and supporting organizations!