Washington University’s Fulbright Committee is responsible for reviewing, evaluating, and forwarding Fulbright applications from all currently-enrolled Washington University students and those alumni of the University who have been given permission to apply through WU. We feel our process can help applicants submit a stronger application to the national competition than they might be able to produce independently by providing feedback and guidance throughout the process. Some highlights of the WU process are:
- It is meant to be informative. Applicants on our mailing list receive regular updates over the summer to help them stay on track.
- It is meant to be constructive! Applicants receive feedback before the campus deadline and after.
- There is no elimination at campus level, only evaluation.
- Applicants will be interviewed by members of our campus committee, thus allowing the opportunity to discuss the project and answer questions that may arise.
- WU will work with recent graduates applying for Fulbright who are willing to fully participate in our campus review process!
- Campus deadline is Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2017.
- Embark applications must be electronically submitted on-line by Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 9am. This forwards the application to Washington University, NOT to the Fulbright National Screening Committee. This means that you will have an opportunity to make one more set of revisions before the application is finalized and forwarded to the Fulbright National Screening Committee.
You MUST meet with Mrs. Toni Loomis, application coordinator, to review your application for completion. To schedule a meeting, please go to https://asapps.artsci.wustl.edu/appts/ Use your Webstac Login; the password for her account is 'loomis'. Meetings will be held Sept. 5 – Sept. 8, 2017. She is in room 254 in the McMillan Hall (2nd floor, west hallway, above the main study abroad office).